Are you disturbed with bad snoring habits? Then, here’s what you can do! Snoring is caused when tissues in the back of the throat vibrate as air passes over them while sleeping. There are a few methods to deal with snoring. Few medical and few natural!
Some natural tips to cure Snoring:
Now if you’re suffering from extreme snoring troubles then reach out to our dentist
- Reduce some weight. This is quite obvious. Overweight people carry additional fat around their necks. This in fact, narrows their airways and results in snoring.
- Change your sleeping position. If you lay on your back then your airways can be blocked or narrowed. Sleeping on your side is generally recommended.
- Figure out your own snoring patterns. When you get to know about when and where you snore and what leads you to snore more, then you can make a change.
- Cut down on alcohol and cigarettes. If you intake alcohol more often, specifically before bed that might be the cause of your snoring. Smoking irritates your throat tissues resulting in inflammation that causes snores.
- Drink more water. Staying hydrated is always the perfect method, especially if you’re a snorer. Dehydration causes mucus to build-up in your nose which could make you snore.
- Get proper sleep. Over-weariness can relax your throat and tongue muscles and make you snore. It’s vital to sleep for 7 to 9 hours every night.
at Expressions Dental Care to get a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.
Sleep apnea is a kind of sleep disorder that disturbs an individual’s breathing while asleep. There are two major categories of sleep apnea—Central and Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Check out its Symptoms:
Some natural tips to cure Sleep Apnea:
For mild cases of sleep apnea, lifestyle alterations may be enough to treat the problem.
- Frequent, loud snoring
- Choking, snorting, or gasping while asleep
- Restless sleep or insomnia and waking up with a sore throat or dry mouth
- Daytime sleepiness and fatigue
- Waking up many times a night to urinate
- Morning headache
Sleep apnea can also lead to several health issues, like heart disease and depression. So it’s important to take it seriously. If you suspect sleep apnea, talk to your doctor without delay.
If you’re looking for the best ‘Dentist near Me’
- Lose weight. Even some amount of weight loss can open up your throat and better your sleep apnea symptoms.
- Exercise. Practice aerobic exercise, resistance training, and yoga. As they are recommendable choices for strengthening the muscles in your airways and enhancing breathing!
- Sleep on your side. Resting on your back is the worst position for sleep apnea. It makes the jaw, tongue, and other soft tissues to drop back toward the throat, narrowing your airway. Lying on your side permits you to keep your airway open.
- Avoid alcohol, anti-anxiety medication, and other sedatives, particularly before bedtime. This is because they relax the muscles in the throat and disturb breathing.
VA then surely visit us
at Expressions Dental Care where Dr. John Han can give the best treatment for your oral conditions.