So you want to whiten your teeth? It’s an economical way to beautify your smile, look younger, and feel more confident when you interact with people in business or social settings.
Here are 5 things Expressions Dental Care recommends when it comes to teeth whitening:
- Meet with your dentist for a consultation first. There are several different teeth whitening systems and a consultation will help you determine which treatment plan is best for you.
- It is critical to know that whitening does not affect existing fillings, veneers, or crowns.
- During your consultation, decide how many shades lighter you want your teeth to be at the end of the treatment. Depending on the whitening protocol chosen, your teeth can be brightened three to eight shades. An in-office procedure achieves a degree of lightening that cannot be achieved with an OTC product. During your treatment, your dentist may apply a coating to protect your gums and roots while the bleaching agent is applied.
- An alternative treatment plan is to have your dentist customize a take-home kit for you. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. First, molds are made from your upper and lower arch. Then the lab creates trays to hold the bleach. While this procedure may take longer, it is more affordable and more convenient for many patients. Teeth whitening results from either method can last from six months to two years.
- With any of the teeth whitening systems, tooth sensitivity may occur. In most cases, it won’t last for more than a day or so. Call Expressions Dental Care if it lasts longer.
Expressions Dental Care offers general, restorative, and cosmetic dental services including cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, sleep apnea/snoring treatment, and family dentistry. Quality care and a comfortable patient experience are our top priorities.
Contact Expressions Dental Care: 703-757-6453
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):